Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow Kittens

Dear Grace and Lexi,

Hello. I know I haven't written, and I hope you haven't felt too abandoned, confused or disoriented, and I hope that you both know, somehow, that I miss you and think of you every day.

I often wish I had brought you with me (although I'm pretty sure customs definately wouldn't have let me in then), because a lot of the time, dispite the rain, I think you'd like it here.

But today I built a snowman, and while I was building this snowman, playfully kicking snow about, I thought about you both. I pictured each of you taking tentative steps in that cold powdery stuff, shaking it off your feet and looking generally displeased with the state of affairs. I pictured you both, especially Lexi, shivering and looking miserably cold in that weather, not understanding what happened to the warm tropical breezes (and disgusting heat) that you both know and love.

I watched Patch, one of the resident cats, trudge around somewhat uncomfortably, unhappy about the condition of his feet after touching the white stuff, and knew that your thin Florida coats would not be able to cope with the same kind of weather as Patch's thick outdoor English coat... even he was cold today!

No, my dears, it has proven time and again to have been the proper decision to leave you in your native land where you can stay warm and safe and comfortable, because here they only allow the dog to live inside and the two of you would have certainly felt even more abandoned if I had brought you and then made you stay outside, away from food, shelter, warmth and love.

Luckly for all of our sake's you have food, shelter, warmth and love where you're at, which is a much happier thought for me than the idea frost bitten kittens. I hope you'll give me the time of day when I see you again, although I won't hold my breath (namely because it'll be a couple more months).

With Love,
Joey

P.S. I have included these pictures for you so that perhaps you can understand why you'd hate it here.
XOXO

This is Smudge (no, I don't like him nearly as much as I like you two). He's used to the cold, but doesn't like the snow on his feet.





All of the white stuff is cold and wet. It sticks to you and then melts and causes cold water to get all over you.




This is a snowman; snowmen are made out of cold stuff that gets wet as the temperature gets warmer. The fact that the snowman exists means that it's cold, and the fact that it remains standing means that it's still cold. When the snowman falls down because it's gotten too warm for him to stand up, that means that it's cold and very wet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I know you'll see Lexi and Grace as soon as you are able once you get back to the States. But in the meantime while you are living with me, I hope you'll enjoy the company of Boinkey!

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cute!
They do miss you, but don't worry, they get plenty of lovin'.
-Sam

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home