Saturday, February 03, 2007

Gonna Getchya

When I came back from my trip to France and Germany on Sunday night, the 25th of January, the customs officer stopped the car, questioned me and made us miss our train because I'm a US citizen traveling for a few months.

I'm not certain if the problem is that US citizens are fleeing to the UK by the thousands to escape the ridiculously high US taxes and money sucking governmental ploys to financially drain citizens in any way possible, if they just don't like the US so much that they want to give young adult females traveling by themselves outside of their home country as much grief as possible in hopes of making them break down in tears and repent for the sins of their fuck of a country, or if they're just ignorant of the fact that tourists contribute to their current economic superiority and are therefore trying to discourage visitors simply because they don't like strange people in their country.

Whatever the case may be, the customs officer made sure to stamp my passport with the same "Question this Bitch" stamp that the last customs officer (finally) stamped my passport with after four hours of unnecessary grief, and made sure to tell me that should I leave the country again and try to come back in, the power of the two stamps combined would not be defeated by the mere holding of a one way ticket back to my God forsaken country, and that should I have anything less than 1) proof of a job eagerly awaiting my return, 2) proof of an empty household with wilted plants in dire need of my love, attention and immediate return, and 3) a one way ticket back to my God forsaken country, I would most certainly not be allowed back into the Best Country in the Whole Wide World, never mind allowed back in without a lengthy hold up and much questioning.

Of course it didn't really help that US customs didn't stamp my passport to show that I'd re-entered the US after my ten day trip back in July, 2006, and the customs officer kept telling me that there was no proof that I'd ever gone back to the US in the first place. I tried to explain that I could give multipule phone numbers for him to call and check, but he just kept flipping the pages of my passport and saying "There's nothing in here to suggest that you ever even went back into the US..." So then I thought about saying, "Look, there is nothing that would make me want to stay in England for that long anyway... you couldn't pay me to stay in the country for that long," but decided that he woldn't take that kindly, either, and that since it's pretty clear that the UK doesn't much like the US as it is, he would just use that as a reason to lock me up for four hours or so while they ran background checks on me at laughed at my expense.

Maybe I just look like a clever, manipulative, internationally deceptive snake of a woman out to destroy rival countries.


Also, the UK has ridiculously high taxes and money sucking governmental ploys to financially drain citizens in any way possible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I just look like a clever, manipulative, internationally deceptive snake of a woman out to destroy rival countries.

they have you pegged!
-TJ

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home